simple is beautiful
The Angry Arab News Service
2 ... 2 ...

Blog Archive

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I will try not to sound angry about what Ray Hanania has written here. But please spare me those wild theories: that Obama will be picking all pro-Israeli team but...only to help the Palestinians? "If Barack Obama wants to nudge Israel back to serious negotiations with the Palestinians, he would not surround himself with pro-Palestinian advisers. That would make it impossible for him to pursue a genuine and just peace between Palestinians and Israelis." Not a very intelligent argument here. This remind me of a dinner back in 1993. Rashid Khalidi came to speak at SAIS in Washington, DC. And then we went to dinner afterwards with students from SAIS. We started talking about Fouad Ajami, and this Kuwaiti student started saying that we misunderstand Ajami. Please explain, I asked him. He said that Ajami is carefully plotting his rise in the American political establishment, and then after he secures his place....I interrrupted him and said: Let me guess. He will then liberate Palestine? (thanks Maddy)

0 comments:

Post a Comment