simple is beautiful
The Angry Arab News Service
2 ... 2 ...

Blog Archive

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I have written before about James Zogby. I have written before about the Muslim and Arab American organizations in DC: how they have become fronts for the polygamous ruling dynasties of the Gulf and/or for Muhammad Dahlan. This is why when I travel around the US, I never meet Arab Americans who feel that those fronts represent them in any way. But James Zogby is a particularly obnoxious case. This is a man desperately looking for a role (not to be confused with Desperately seeking Susan), and would sell the land and the cows to have his picture taken with anybody who works in the White House. Back in 1993, when Arab Americans were outraged about the appointment of a Zionist fanatic (who was not even a US citizen) in a key post in the Clinton administration (Martin Indyk), this Zogby guy came to his defense saying that he found him to be good. Back then, I called Zogby and told him: You have the right to sound stupid, but please don't speak on behalf of Arab-Americans as you are being stupid. I explained to him that I know of no Arabs that he speaks for, aside from the UAE's ruling family of course. He suggested that we meet and I refused. Later, Indyk hired Zogby's son at the US Department of State (his son is a nice person, having met him once as I debated an Israeli professor at Georgetwon University). After Sep. 11, I said repeatedly, that if Arab Americans and Muslim Americans were to be ever placed in concentration camps, Zogby would volunteer to drive the busses--provided he is permitted to have his picture taken with the prison guards. Here, he tells you that Rahm Imanuel has been unfairly criticized by Arabs. (thanks Soheil)
PS And how dumb do you have to be to believe this: "Emanuel volunteered for a few weeks, as a civilian, doing maintenance on Israeli vehicles." But Zogby here reveals why he likes him: "Rahm accepted my invitation to a luncheon with Arab American community leaders." Community leaders? Community leaders my potato.

0 comments:

Post a Comment